Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Conversion Project: Burna Boyz! Part 1: Time to Prepare! (Now with PICTURES!)

Now that I have something interesting to talk about, I can finally bring this blog back from the dead(again)! And why not start with a good old project to work on? And I believe I will also start a weekly army list post, where I choose a random army, pick a theme(footslog, mech, etc.), and make an army list to post since I tend to waste spare time making army lists. Anyway, back to the headline story:

After looking around my gaming room I remembered there is a new box of Ork Boyz sitting right on my desk, staring at me. I began to wonder why I got them in the first place, since I love my Troops how they are(Nobz are troops due to my Warboss, 30 sloggin Slugga boyz, and 10 'ard Shootas in a trukk, all of which work very well). So after deciding it's not worth converting Stormboyz since the GW models are so awesome, I decided I might as well make Burna Boyz since I have the spare Burnas from my Burna/Loota boy box(I used them to make more Kommandos), flamers from an imperial guard box(the big 20-man box of cadians they used to have), and flamers from my Tau army(Don't use flamers with my Suits), I thought it would be more than possible.

This fire effect looks like a weapon arm from the Possessed Marine sprue, which I have, so expect to see this on my Boyz!(Pic from Dakka gallery, not my work)

Anyway, I'm still coming up with ideas in the mean-time for the individual Boys(I was thinking of the Tankbustas set where one has a rokkit on a pistol, so why not make a little hand-flamer?), so I will update my adventure next week. In the meantime, I will make sure to post an army list tomorrow, I will start with the lists I actually use that really work well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment